Administration Assistant Required
About the Job
Location - Ashton-under-Lyne
Young & Company is a long established and reputable roofing and cladding company based in Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester. Services include sheeting, cladding, felting, tiling, slating and for domestic, industrial and commercial applications.
About the Role
As our Administration Assistant you will perform clerical and administrative functions in the office, providing comprehensive administrative support to the contract operation staff.
Your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining / operating electronic and paper based filing systems
- Maintaining / operating electronic and paper management systems
- Writing meeting notes
- Support to commercial staff and contract managers
- Support to site operatives.
- Directing calls from switchboard
- Taking calls from new and existing clients
- Scheduling appointments and travel arrangements
- Other ad-hoc tasks as and when required
The successful candidate will possess strong organisational and administrative skills. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience during the recruitment process:
- Good time management
- An excellent phone manner and first-rate customer service skills
- Professionalism and discretion
- A confident, outgoing personality
- Proven experience in an admin-based role
- Previous administration experience in construction industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Strong knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Basic salary - Depending on experience
Hours of work – Mon-Thurs 7.30am to 4:15pm and Friday 7.30am to 3.15pm
Holiday Entitlement - 28 days including Bank Holiday / Christmas Shut Down
How to Apply
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please send your CV plus covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com or by post to Young & Co, Whiteacre House, 97 Whiteacre Road, Ashton-u-Lyne, OL6 9PJ.
Closing Date for Applications - Friday 21st November 2014