RoofCERT is initially a four-year accreditation programme jointly funded by CITB and NFRC. Informed by research carried out in 2016, it is seeking to transform the roofing industry.
What are the aims?
The programme aims to establish an industry recognised accreditation standard for a roofing installer, supported and recognised by consumers and the construction supply chain. It will focus on:
- Upskilling the workforce
- Attracting new talent
- Improving efficiency
- Encouraging the use of new technology
- Improving roofing's image
The programme has an objective of achieving an initial 5,000 accredited roofing installers by its completion.
A collaborative approach
RoofCERT is a collaborative programme, delivered for the industry, by the industry, with employers across the supply chain, Trade Associations, training providers and all those associated with providing excellence united around an industry pledge. It will also take the best lessons from outside the industry.
Recipe for Success
- RoofCERT must clarify industry roles and skills, demonstrate robust career paths and the financial benefits of career progression.
- RoofCERT must create an inclusive image to attract more diverse talent, partnering with bodies inside and outside the industry to promote roofing as a career.
- RoofCERT must create a supply chain of quality training and make the route to accreditation affordable, and readily available.
(Taken from https://www.nfrc.co.uk/roofcert)